I recently had a discussion with my wife about live entertainment. I used to go to see a lot bands at various venues. I was never really into going to see movies in a theater, unless it was LOTR or Star Wars or the latest movie containing comic book heroes. I prefer live entertainment. The problem with live entertainment for me is that it starts so late in the evening and often ends the next morning. At most places, the opening band goes on at 10:30 or 11:00PM and the headlining act goes on at 12:30 or 1:00AM. What is up with that, especially on weeknights? Now that I'm an old married man with a kid, I don't do that so much anymore. In fact, I can barely stay up past 10PM on weekends. Why can't live entertainment be scheduled to start in primetime like TV shows. I'd much rather go watch a live performance than a CSI re-run or the new episode of Ugly Betty.
In our conversation, we were dreaming of live shows starting at 8 or 9PM and being done by 10:30PM on weeknights and weekends. The very next day I received an e-vite for a show on a Friday night that starts at 8PM and includes dinner. It was as if our dreams came true in an instant. So tomorrow night my wife and I will be going on a date to eat dinner and see a live improv show from the Q City Players.
Bottom Line - Dreams really do come true.
That's the Facts
4 years ago

2 comments:
this has nothing to do with this post... but on thursday i heard this piece on NPR and thought of you. it's great. enjoy.
Between Takes: The 'Kind Of Blue' Sessions
ray's
Post a Comment