Friday, October 15, 2010

Knowing is half the battle

My medium sized group is reading the book "The Prodigal God" and it is pretty much messing everything up. Pretty much everything I thought I knew was wrong, and pretty much everything I thought I wasn't I was and am. It revealed that one way is wrong and the other way is wrong and all pretty much all ways are wrong. Sounds like a good book right? There is one right way, and before that way can be understood, the wrong ways have to be broken down and dealt with or something like that.

It all comes down to the motive of the heart. Makes me think of the GI Joe cartoons where at the end they would do a public service announcement type thing on safety subjects. They would end it with the line. "Now you know, and knowing is half the battle." Action is the other half of the battle which is a lot harder than knowing. The next problem is that you really don't know, or that you keep knowing more and more and will never know everything.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to go back into time and replay life, now that you know more than you knew back then? I have regrets as everyone does, but I don't think that I would want to erase and replay anything in my life, but it would be fun to go back.

Bottom Line - Just when you think you know, you find out that you really know nothing at all.

1 comment:

bshawise said...

Keller's take on the prodigal son and the gospel has seriously changed my life.