Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Top 3 (By Lydia) - Songs

On this edition of Top 3 I will be sharing Lydia's current favorite and most requested songs.

3. Old Mcdonald Had a Farm - Ella Fitzgerald



This is a super swingin version of the song. Lydia has always liked this song, but when I showed her this version from the cd "Jazz for Kids" that we got from the library, she dances and giggles to the fast pace. It is fun to watch her listen to this song. I should video tape it.

2. Liza Jane - The Wood Brothers

She first heard this song from the youtube video that I had been watching, then I got it in my head and was singing "Oh little Liza, little Liza Jane" all around the house. She picked up on it and also started singing it and started asking me to play the video and song for her.



1. The Muffin Man - Ella Fitzgerald

Another selection from Ella form the "Jazz for Kids" album. Ella is so great. This song was recorded in 1941 and my 2.5 old daughter not only loves the song, but sings along with it and asks me to play it all the time. It is hard to believe that this song was recorded when Lydia was negative 69 years old.

Bottom Line - I'm a good parent

1 comment:

... said...

You have to say that with a mouthful of food to be legit.