My Wife has recently taken the plunge of couponing. We now purchase two copies of the Sunday paper every week. I was supportive at first, but slightly skeptical, until I witnessed the madness in person. I accompanied her to a store where she had $28 worth of items. Not a huge shopping stop, but big enough to catch my attention. Then she started pulling out the coupons. Seconds later the total was $6. I was amazed. Even the guy in line with us was shocked. His quote was this. "Wow, you almost got all of that for free". That was the moment I became a believer.
Tonight, a funny incident occurred in the realm of coupons. I had a gift certificate to Skyline, and my wife also had several coupons, so we ate there. We proceeded to finish our meal and we ended up with several coupons left that were to expire in the next couple of days. Being the nice person that my wife is, she offered the coupons to a table of people for their use. The coupons were save $1 on a $7 purchase and a free cheese coney with any purchase. All of the people at the table had meals greater than $7 and all had coneys.
I was baffled at their response. They replied "No thanks". She explained to them after they said no that by the looks of their meals, that money could be save with the use of the coupons. They said, "No thats okay, thanks anyways". Wow, did I miss something? She were offering free money savings, and was turned down. I think I did a literal LOL in front of them. I had to console my wife in the parking lot telling her that as hard as it is to believe, not everyone likes saving money.
Bottom Line - Coupons are cool
That's the Facts
4 years ago

1 comment:
I LOVE this! Well, except for the part about the weird people turning down the coupons.
Post a Comment