Monday, September 13, 2010

Note to Guys who are NFL Fans

Are you a guy and a fan of the NFL? Do you have a spouse or a girlfriend that doesn't understand why you have to watch every game that is televised, even if it is not the local team? Is your spouse or girlfriend competitive? If you have answered yes to all of the questions, then I will share a solution with you that happened to work for me.

A couple years ago, I would call my wife a standard football fan. She would watch the Bengals games with me, but when the other games were on, I found myself receiving static from her about me spending the time to watch the non-Bengals games. Then my life changed. We both received an invitation to join a fantasy football league. My wife being the competitive person that she is, joined and did hours of research before the draft.

Then the first week of games started, and she wanted to watch every game that was on TV. I was in heaven. This is year two of her having a fantasy team. She watched the Thursday night game with me, and watched with me Sunday, even the night game. We don't have cable so we miss out the Monday night games, but sometimes, we'll watch the live stat tracker online if we have people playing in the game.

The only downside can be is that your wife will become so good at fantasy football that she starts beating your team and winning your league. Mine scored 152 points in week one.

Bottom Line - Now I have to convince her to be in a NBA and MLB fantasy league.

1 comment:

... said...

Stegchick rocks!