Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday Night Jazz

It is no secret that I love Jazz music.
It is no secret that I love vinyl records.
It is no secret that I love my daughter Lydia.
It is no secret that I love spending Tuesday nights alone with Lydia.

Put them all together and it is what I call "Tuesday Night Jazz"

Jess has the Beth Moore class on Tuesday nights, therefore I get to stay home with Lydia all by myself. Every Tuesday we usually put on a jazz record and hang out. I am educating her in the ways of the jazz standards. Miles Davis, Coltrane, Thelonious Monk, Dave Brubeck, Eric Dolphy, Duke Ellington, and many more jazz records that I own on vinyl. It is perfect hang out music.

When Lydia is ready for bed I put her to sleep to the greatest jazz recording of all time: Miles Davis' Kind of Blue on cd in her little boombox. I've decided that she is going to be a great jazz pianist when she grows up.



Bottom Line - Gotta start them early and often on jazz music.

1 comment:

bshawise said...

i'm totally stealing this idea if/when i have kids.