Sunday, March 8, 2009

Star Wars T-Shirt

I have a couple Star Wars T-Shirts in my wardrobe. This entry is based on the shirt shown in the picture below. Background on the picture is that it was taken at GameWorks in Newport at my good friend Jim's bachelor party. Jim and I grew up watching Star Wars together daily. Another side note is that I got both Superman's in one turn from one of those claw machines. i was stoked.



Today I decided to wear this shirt to church. I have always received compliments every time I have worn this shirt, but today, I got way more than usual. So I walked into church and received 2 compliments on my shirt on the way to my seat. I thought it was normal, then Joe Boyd, who probably does not read this blog, started the message and made several references to Star Wars and the rebellion showing a metaphor of good from an unlikely source rising to fight evil.

After the message was over and everyone released, everyone of course saw my shirt and told me they loved it and how I was appropriately dressed for the message. I thought the compliment party was done there, but later that night I got 2 more while at Kroger. It was definitely an eventful day. I wonder if it would have been the same if I had worn my other Star Wars shirt which has a picture of Darth Vader and reads "Vader was framed"?

Bottom Line - May the Force be with you, always.

2 comments:

steg stories said...

nerd

Joe said...

a. i didn't know you had a blog, so now i will read it.
b. I'm an XL

joe