Thursday, March 19, 2009

Squirrel Sense

Lately on numerous occasions I catch myself staring out into my back yard watching squirrels. They move quickly knowing exactly where they are heading. They do not always know how they will end up getting there, but that does not slow them down because they know they will get there one way or another. I love watching them scatter across tree branches and jumping from trees. They always take risks to get where they need to go. They might slip and fall, but there is always a branch or two below for backup in case their original choice of branch does not work.



I admire the squirrel sense and have been thinking of how to apply their ways to my own life. If I know where I'm going or what I want, I should run towards it and take the risk of jumping over obstacles towards it. It can be scary sometimes at such heights, but I have surrounded myself with numerous branches of life to lean on, grab onto, or stabilize and balance myself onto along the way if I slip or get knocked down. I have the branches of life as resources, maybe I should rely on them more often.

Bottom Line - Be the Squirrel. Jump to action.

1 comment:

Elaine said...

I love squirrels. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are my spirit animal.