Sunday, October 26, 2008

HSM3



Friday night on Jessie's b-day we went to see High School Musical 3 with Kris, Lori, Cassie, and Olivia. Zak was at Fall Weekend with Student Union, and my dad didn't want to go, so I was the only guy. When we got to the theater there was a crowd awaiting to rush the theater to get seats for the 9:30PM showing of the movie. 90% of the crowd were girls ages 8-13. I was definitely the fish out of the water.

The movie hadn't started yet, when an embarrassed father forced to go with his wife and his daughter leaned over and said, "Excuse me sir, I don't want to hear you singing the songs too loud" and laughed. He assumed that I was like him and forced to be there with the women of my family. Little did he know, I have been anticipating this movie for months now, and yes I would be singing the songs along with the movie.

The movie was great, the songs were great, the dancing was great. I loved it, and can't wait to see it again. The awkward parts were when Zac Effron took his shirt off, and all the girls gasped loudly. The gasping happened several times.

I am not ashamed that I love the High School Musical movies. I really like musicals, and I'm glad that my family instilled them in me growing up. Most of my favorite movies are musicals, for example "Sound of Music" "White Christmas" "West Side Story". Call me a dork, but the music is positive, the dancing is fun, and the movies make me happy and they bring people together. You don't have to worry about f-bombs, killings, or sex scenes, instead you find yourself tapping your feet, and humming the songs the next day.

Bottom Line - Musicals bring families and people together.

No comments: