Sunday, March 16, 2008

Kind of Blue like Jazz

My journey into jazz began with Miles Davis - Kind of Blue on cd. From there I have grown and multiplied my jazz collection. Then my Grandma, who used to work for Capitol records back in the day, heard that I liked jazz and then proceeded to hand me about a dozen classic jazz records. She then got me a record player for Christmas. There were alot of great records she gave me and a bunch of records that I've found at half price books, but I never could find Mile Davis - Kind of Blue in the original record cover. I did find 2 Kind of Blue's on a re-release record album cover which I bought both of course, one to play and one for back up. Then this weekend my dream came true. We were at traders world and I was in this booth that had records, then all of the sudden, there it was. I did not think that it ever existed, and I had been looking for one for years, and there it was Miles Davis - Kind of Blue original 1959 album cover. The dude didn't have the original record, instead he had his greatest hits record in the sleeve, but that was ok, I had two copies of the record at home. Now the 1959 cover is nestled safely in my family room in an album frame on the wall.



Bottom Line - Never give up hope at a search to find something, it just might show up one day when you least expect it.

No comments: