
I was named Joshua after the Joshua from the OT. As I recently read through the book of Joshua in the OT I realized that Joshua really only did one thing to solidify his leadership skills. He listened to God. Thats it. He got direction from God and he followed through with no hesitation as if it were no problem at all. Without any doubts even though the path may have been overwhelming or the numbers stacked against him and his people, Joshua did exactly what God told him to do every time even though he may have been faced with fear.
Listening for God is tough, and once you hear from God, then acting on it is even tougher. Things usually stand in our path blocking us from following through on what God has set us to do. Fear, doubt, and lack of confidence are 3 of the main ones on my list. In my life I have had major times of hearing from God and not so major times of hearing from God. Sometimes I seek and listen, sometimes I don't seek or listen. There have been many times where I have acted on God's voice and there have been several times that I have not acted on God's voice.
In my entry below we all saw what happens when we choose not to seek or listen. The next step is following through. God usually gives us things to do that we probably hate doing or would be scared or uncomfortable doing. That is why he gives them to us. We must become fearless and put aside our doubt and go for it. Easier said than done, but we can help encourage one another.
Bottom Line - If You say go, we will go. If You say wait, we will wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment