
My journey through the OT has brought me to David and the verse from the "Undignified" song that everyone loves.
2 Samuel 6:22(NIV) I will become even more undignified than this, and I will be humiliated in my own eyes.
I like the message version much better.
2 Samuel 6:22 (The Message) I'll dance to God's glory—more recklessly even than this. And as far as I'm concerned, I'll gladly look like a fool.
I really love dancing even though I'm really not that good at dancing. Dance parties are my fave, especially classic Stegman ones. I like the idea of dancing in worship, but I'm not as bold as David was to dance in the middle of the streets and look like a fool in front of people. I'm not sure why I am scared to dance for God and look like a fool, because I always dance at weddings and look like a fool. I might as well start dancing for Jesus, or as Family Force 5 says "getting crunk for Jesus".
Bottom Line - Hold up, wait a minute, put a little love in it.

1 comment:
I never knew that's where that line came from...that's awesome.
Ugly people - putcha hands down.
Post a Comment