
A picture of innocence that could do no wrong, right? Sort of. She can do wrong, but she is still innocent.
A couple of weeks ago Lydia was in my room hanging out when she decided to pull over the cup of water I had on my bed stand. The cup was half full and poured all over her and all over a stack of papers I had in the shelf compartment. I thought what was all the water had hit until I realized that I had my MacBook under my bed. Wouldn't you know, water went all over it. I freaked out, grabbed Lydia and put her on the bed, then grabbed my MacBook and immediately got the water off of it and then mopped the water off the floor.
Meanwhile Lydia was crying because of my quick reactions. I told her that she should not pull cups down from places higher than her head. I did a quick check on the Mac, opened it up and it came up with no problems, so I a standard shut down just to be safe.
Later, I opened up my computer and hit the button to fire it up and nothing happened. I plugged it in and tried it again and nothing happened. The battery was showing fully charged but nothing was happening. My stomach turned as I recalled the cup incident. I could never be mad at this girl, even if she fried my computer, but the cost of her innocence was all I could think of all night.

Forward a couple days. Took it to Mac store, they sent it away to be looked at, and about three days later they called me. I was expecting this phone call, "Hey we found water in your computer, it will be about $800 to fix and you lost all of your files". Instead they said this, "Hey, come pick your computer up it has been fixed". I was shocked. I got there to pick it up and I signed off on the return with zero charge. I took it outside and opened it up to see what would happened, and all my files were there and everything looked great. Then I realized that I was right next to the mall fountain. So I had a PFO (personal freak out) and closed my computer and held it like a baby all the way to my truck. I got lucky.
Bottom Line - Never keep your laptop on the ground, and never keep your cups in reach of beautiful innocent toddlers.

3 comments:
Bottom line---it was you fault
oops forgot the r
Glad your computer was OK! And we just took a picture of Sophie all gussied up for a wedding with her finger in her nose. So funny. (Lydia just keeps getting more and more beautiful, by the way.)
Post a Comment