Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chief Josh

When I was little I knew exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up. I've always wanted to be an Indian. If playing Cowboys and Indians, I always wanted to be the Indians. As a child, I always replicated their awesomness while playing in the woods, I had a couple of books about them in which I was always looking at pictures in, and I even developed a re-occuring fever dream involving them.

In my junior year in high school when we were forced to look at all of the college program choices, there were no choices to sign up to be an Indian. The closest I could have been to becoming an Indian was to become an actor for the outdoor drama "Blue Jacket" or "Tecumseh", but even then I don't get in because I have blonde hair.



Maybe my dreams were unrealisic, or maybe I should have gone for it. I just know that to this day I am still facinated with Indians even if they never smile, and I will strive to learn more about them and maybe find a way to be a chief one day. I am still working on my indian name.


Bottom Line - When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up? How did it work out for you?

5 comments:

Gina Sheppard said...

I wanted to be a teacher or a secretary when I was a little girl. I'm neither! I also said I would never marry a preacher - and look what happened!! Actually, God has been very good to me and I am very happy with how things have turned out. God did a much better job planning my life than I would have!

ylmurph said...

do you cry a tear when you think of pollution?

cass said...

jessie and i really wanted to be cashiers at a grocery store when we were little.

some dreams never die.

cass said...

maybe your next blog should be about what your indian name will be once your are appointed as chief.

bshawise said...

i wanted to be a professional breakdancer. my 1st grade party was a breakdance party. i had parachute pants and everything.