Monday, May 26, 2008

Smiles


Lately Lydia has began smiling on purpose. We usually have to prompt it at this point, but when it happens, it is amazing. The doctor told us that babies start smiling at about 4 weeks, and she is 4 weeks old as of yesterday. The first month has been wonderful with her. Lots of laughs, and way too much fun. I don't believe anyone who sighs negatively when they hear that I have a new born and they usually say "I bet you don't sleep anymore" and "The first 2 months are the worst". Truth is I wouldn't trade this time with my daughter for anything. My wife and I are enjoying every second of it. Sure it can be difficult at some points, but that makes us a stronger family. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a dad. It has been nothing but exciting and rewarding since day one, and I know that it will get better and better as time moves forward. I will be getting more smile pictures from Lydia soon. You can also check out my wife's blog which is now up and running and appropriately named www.lydianicole.blogspot.com. Make sure you read her entry entitled "Husband of the Year" wink wink.

Bottom Line - The first time she smiled at just me, it changed my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's one beautiful smile